Motto in English
|Knowledge is Supreme|
|Director||Dr. Debabrata Das|
9 acres (0.036 km2)
|Affiliations||UGC, NAAC, AICTE|
The International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore (abbreviated IIIT Bangalore or IIITB) is a premier research university in Bangalore, India. The institute is a registered not-for-profit society funded jointly by the Government of Karnataka and the IT industry under a public-private partnership model. IIIT Bangalore is managed by a Governing Body with Kris Gopalakrishnan, co-founder, Infosys Ltd., as the chairperson.
The university was established on 18 September 1998 as the Indian Institute of Information Technology, with its campus at International Tech Park. Professor Sadagopan, who had earlier served at IIT Kanpur and IIM Bangalore became its founding Director. It functioned at that location for four years, and relocated to its present campus in Electronic City in August 2003. On July 4, 2021, at the 21st convocation of the institute, Professor Sadagopan handed over the responsibility of Director of IIIT Bangalore to his long time colleague Professor Debabrata Das.
The university is a not-for-profit society registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960. It is governed by a board with S. Gopalakrishnan, co-founder, Infosys as chairman. Other members of the board include Prof. Debabrata Das, Director, IIITB, B V Naidu, Chairman, Sagitaur Ventures Pvt Ltd ISN Prasad, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Karnataka, Dr. E.V. Ramana Reddy, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Shri Giridhar Aramane, IAS, Secretary MoD, GOI, R Chandrashekhar, IAS (Retd Former President NASSCOM, Gururaj Deshpande, Chief Operating Officer, EdgeVerve Systems, K.S. Viswanathan, Vice President (Industry Initiatives), NASSCOM, Naresh Shah, Former President, India R&D for Hewlett Packard Enterprise, TK Srirang, Senior General Manager & Head Human Resources, ICICI bank, Uday Hegde, Co-founder & CEO USEReady, Kishore Ramisetty, Vice President, Data Platforms Group, Intel, Rishikesha T Krishnan, Director, IIMB, Cmde SR Sridhar (Retd.), Registrar, IIITB - Secretary to the Board and Outreach Head 
The university offers Integrated MTech [Dual Degree (BTech+MTech)], Master of Technology (MTech), Master of Science in Research, Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) and MSc (Digital Society) degrees with various specializations. It also offers post-graduate diploma and certificate programs in various specializations.
International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore has been ranked 1st among the private technical universities in India as per India Today, August 2021 edition. It has been ranked 8th overall among Engineering universities in August 2021 edition and was ranked 10th in the same category as per India Today, August 2020 edition.
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2020)||62|
|Engineering – India|
|India Today (2020)||10|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2023)
IIIT Bangalore is a fully residential campus. Most students reside in the student hostels, and are encouraged to do so to fully engage in the extra-curricular activities and academic routine. The campus has 3 hostels in total. Lilavati, the women's hostel, has around 260 single occupancy private rooms, while Bhaskara and Visveswarya are the Men's hostel blocks which have a total of 754 single occupancy private rooms and 76 triple occupancy rooms. The common mess and canteen are located at the ground floor of Bhaskara hostel and is shared by all the students.
Infin8 is the annual cultural festival of IIIT Bangalore. First held in 2015, it is a three-day fest which is typically held in January. The fest consists of carnivals, concerts and band performances, competitive gaming arena, singing and dance competitions, League of Fanatics, which is an intense trivia contest and various other cultural activities.
Spandan is the annual intra-sports festival of IIIT Bangalore, primarily organised for the alumni to revisit the campus and compete with the current students. The 3-day event receives active participation from the administrative staff and faculty members as well.
As of August 2022[update], 3289 alumni have graduated from the institute. IIITB has a long list of alumni who have gone on to become successful entrepreneurs and have founded various startups over the years— Intellipaat by Diwakar Chittora, 365Build by Gowthaman Basuvaraj, SearchEnabler by Khadim Batti, Hudooku by Ajay V, Mokean by Kumaran and Murthy are among many noteworthy others.
IIIT Bangalore had set up an innovation Centre on 2009 in the campus, Innovation Centre ran the first thematic accelerator for startups and have been running one every year since then. Accelerator programs focus on startups that are building on frontier technologies like Mobile Apps, Bots, AI, Conversational Interfaces and Augmented Reality. IIITB Innovation day was conducted in March 2021. In this occasion IIITB innovation awards were awarded to Greendzine, YoSync, and NP Bridge which were the startups incubated in IIITB Innovation center.
- "NIRF 2020" (PDF). IIIT Bangalore.
- "NAAC Certificate" (PDF).
- "Copies of AICTE Approvals (LOA and EOA of subsequent years)obtained since Inception of Institution" (PDF).
- "About us The International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 29 July 2020.
- "Governing Body of IIIT Bangalore". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- "About us The International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- "Governing Body". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 5 October 2022.
- "IIITB-UpGrad partner to launch a Software Engineering course". The Economic Times. Retrieved 9 August 2017.
- "Want To Update Your Software Skills? IIIT Bangalore Starts 11-Month Course". NDTV. Retrieved 10 August 2017.
- Continuing Professional Program
- "Ahead of the game: India's best universities 2021". www.indiatoday.in. Retrieved 4 August 2021.
- "IIITB ranked among the top 10 technical universities in India". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 26 April 2021.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "Best ENGINEERING Colleges 2020: List of Top ENGINEERING Colleges 2020 in India". indiatoday.in. Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- "NIRF best engineering colleges 2023". NIRF India. Retrieved 2 June 2023.
- "Life At IIITB". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- "Residential Life at IIIT Bangalore". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 30 July 2020.
- "Cafeteria". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- "Infin8". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- "Spandan". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- "Events and Festivals". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- "Recreation & Sports". www.iiitb.ac.in. Retrieved 5 October 2021.
- "IIIT-Bangalore Alumni". iiitb.ac.in. 17 August 2012. Archived from the original on 5 September 2012. Retrieved 28 August 2012.
- Startups founded by IIIT Bangalore Alum. "Which companies or startups have been founded/co-founded by IIIT-Bangalore alum?". Quora. Retrieved 2 December 2021.